Noodle Cafe Online
Japanese Jap Chae Noodles
This low-carbohydrate Japanese noodle dish is refreshingly light-green vegetables, a sweet vinaigrette, and minimal oil make it a great choice for those watching their weight.
– 1 pound sweet potato or cellophane noodles
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 onion, thinly sliced
– 2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
– 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
– ½ pound spinach, washed, drained, coarsely chopped
– ¼ cup sliced scallions
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add noodles and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a large skillet over high. Add onion and carrots; cook until softened, stirring, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add spinach, scallions, soy sauce, and sugar; cook until green soften, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add noodles and cook until noodles are fully cooked and slightly golden, stirring, about 2 minutes.
3) Serve in large bowls with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.